Who are eligible for Kannada Medium reservation?
The candidates who have studied in Kannada medium for complete 10 years from class 1 to class 10 are eligible for Kannada Medium Reservation. If candidates have studied classes 1 - 10 in Kannada medium outside Karnataka then they must have passed QE from any government or government-aided institution.
5% of the Government seats will be reserved horizontally in favour of the Kannada medium candidates who have studied TEN full academic years inthe Government Order No. ED 118 UEC 2000, Bangalore dated 04‐06‐Bangalore dated 14‐10‐2005.
The candidates who have studied TEN full academic years in Kannada Medium from 1st standard to 10th standard in places outside the state of Karnataka need not appear for Kannada Language Test conducted by KEA provided the candidate should have studied and passed the qualifying examination from any Government or Government recognised educational institution.
Documents to be produced:
- SSLC / 10th standard Marks Card
- 2nd PUC / 12th standard Marks Card of the candidate along with –
- A domicile certificate issued by the concerned Revenue or Municipal Authorities certifying that the candidate and his father / mother have resided outside the state of Karnataka as on 01-05- 2020. The place of the Issuing authority should correspond to the place of domicile of the candidate / father / mother.
- Candidate’s Study certificate, for having studied in Kannada Medium from 1st standard to 10th standard issued by the head of the institution.
Kannada Medium Certificate:
- Candidates who have studied in Kannada Medium from 1st to 10th Std. in Karnataka and outside the state of Karnataka must submit the certificate.
- No income limit is set
- Candidates claiming the benefit of Kannada Medium reservation should produce a certificate for having studied 10 full academic years in Kannada medium from 1st standard to 10th standard issued by the Head of the educational institution and such certificate should be countersigned by the respective BEO or DDPI in the proforma prescribed below
If claiming Kannada Medium quota: Kannada Medium Study Certificate from 1st to 10th std for Ten Complete Years.
Certificate to be Submitted
Candidate are required to produce a form certificated issued from the their respective institute verifying that the candidate has completed class 1-10 in Kannada medium.
KCET Kannada Medium Reservation Certificate Preview