Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani a leading Institute of Higher Education and a deemed University offering degree programmes in Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Pharmacy, Management and Humanities. It offers admissions at Pilani Campus, Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus of BITS. The institute was established in 1964. The institute is one among the 6 Indian Institutes of Eminence recognized by the Government of India in 2018.
- Exam Name: The Birla Institute of Technology & Science conducts the BIT Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT).
- Conducting Body: BITS Pilani.
- Exam Level: University level.
- Exam Frequency: Once a year.
- Exam Category: Undergraduate Entrance Examination.
- Mode of Application: Online.
- Exam Mode: Online - Computer Based Test.
- Exam Date: 16th - 25th May, 2020.
- Exam Duration: 3 Hours.
- Total Colleges: 3 BITs Campuses.
- Number of Applicants: Around 3 Lakh.
- Available Seats: 2,000+.
- Official Website: bitsadmission.com.
BITSAT Important Dates 2020
|Application form release date||January 11, 2020 Ongoing|
|Application form last date||March 31, 2020|
|Application form corrections start date||April 1, 2020|
|Application form corrections last date||April 6, 2020|
|Test center allotment announcement||April 9, 2020|
|BITSAT Slot Booking||April 10 - 18, 2020|
|Admit card availability date||April 20 2020|
|Admit card availability last date||May 12, 2020|
|BITSAT Exam Date||May 16 to 25, 2020|
|BITSAT Result||To be announced|
|Admit and Wait list announcement||June 20, 2020|
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates must have passed their class 12 from a recognized state or central board.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidates must have passed their class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with adequate proficiency in English.
- B.E: Candidates must have passed class 12th with minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- B.Pharm: Candidates must have passed class 12th with minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Candidates must also scored 60% score individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
- Age Limit: Candidates who have passed class 12th in 2020 or 2019 are eligible to appear for BITSAT 2020.
First rank students from all central and state boards in the year 2020, will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT 2020 score.
BITSAT Application Form 2020
The BITSAT exam registration is has been started from January 11, 2020. Candidates can register for the exam and submit the form online before the last date March 31, 2020. It is required that candidates must ensure they fulfil the eligibility criteria before they start registration process. Refer below for the steps to fill application form
- Step 1: Registration Visit the official website and register for BITSAT 2020.
- Step 2: Fill Application Form Enter personal, academic qualification and communication details.
- Step 3: Upload Documents Candidate must upload their scanned photo (size 4kb to 50Kb) and signature (size 1 kb to 30 kb) in the prescribed format specified by the authorities
- Step 4: Application Fee Payment The online application fee can be paid by credit card/debit card/net banking or in offline through a bank challan.
- Step 5: Printout candidates should take a printout of the application confirmation page for use in future.
BITSAT Time Table 2020
BITSAT exam 2020 will be held from 16th - 25th May, 2020 in online mode. BITSAT aspirants can book their preferred slot and take up the exam Online. Examination will have objective type questions (MCQs) and will be conducted for the duration of 03 Hours. Refer the BITSAT 2020 Time Table below.
|16/05/2020 – 25/05/2020||Part I : Physics||Slot I - 09:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Slot II - 02:00 PM – 05:00 PM
|Part II : Chemistry|
|Part III : (a) English Proficiency
(b) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV : Mathematics or Biology (For B. Pharm candidates)|
BITSAT Exam Centres 2020
BITS Pilani, the conducting body of BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test) has established large number of exam centres throughout India in response to the increasing number of BITSAT aspirants. Candidates can choose any three centres according to their convenience. BITSAT 2020 will be held in 58 cities in India and Dubai in multiple slots, in the month of May 2020. The authorities will try to allot the centre according to a candidates first preference but if in any case an unexpected situation arise, the allotment may not be the same as students first preference.
For more information, visit BITSAT 2020 Exam Centres
BITSAT Admit Card 2020
How to download BITSAT 2020 Admit card/Hall Ticket
- Visit the Official Website of BITSAT.
- Click on BITSAT-2020 hallticket.
- Enter your log in credentials, such as Application number and Password.
- Click on Submit and Proceed.
- A page showing your Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Click on Download button and take a printout of it. Preserve this for use on the day of exam.
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2020
|Mode of the Examination||Computer based (Online)|
|Number of questions||150 questions
|Total marks||450 marks (150 Q × 3marks)|
Correct answer: +3 marks
Wrong answer: -1 marks
Unattempted question: 0 marks
|Type of questions||Objective type questions (MCQs)|
|Syllabus||NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class|
BITSAT 2020 Questions and Marks Distribution
|Mathematics or Biology (For B.Pharm candidates)||45||135|
BITSAT Syllabus 2020
BITSAT syllabus is based on Class 11 and Class 12 NCERT syllabus therefore, NCERT textbooks can be referred for the BITSAT examination.