VITEEE 2020 is a university-level engineering entrance exam conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology for admission to B.Tech programs offered at VIT Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati. VITEEE was founded in 1984 by Mr. G. Viswanathan and it is a private university.
- Exam Name: Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE).
- Exam Level: University level.
- Exam Frequency: Once a year.
- Exam Category: Undergraduate Entrance Examination.
- Mode of Application: Online/Offline.
- Exam Mode: Online - Computer Based Test.
- Exam Date: 13 April - 19 April 2020.
- Exam Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Number of Applicants: Around 2 lakh students.
- Available Seats: 5,000 Approx.
- Official Website: vit.ac.in
Important dates for VITEEE 2020
|Application form release date||27 Sep 2019|
|Application form last date||29th February, 2020|
|Slot Booking||3rd week of March, 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||After slot booking|
|VITEEE-2020 Examination||13th to 19th April, 2020|
|Declaration of Results||30th of April, 2020|
|Counselling||2nd or 3rd week of May, 2020|
|Class Commencement||2nd week of July, 2020|
VITEEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality Exam: Resident/ NON Resident of India/PIO. Foreign candidates are also eligible under foreign category.
- Age Limit: Candidates date of birth should fall on or after July 1, 1998 and also 17 years as on July 1, 2020.
- Class 10+2 conducted by the State Board/CBSE/ISCE.
- Intermediate or 2-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Organisation, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- Candidates from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) will also be eligible. However, other open school candidates will not be eligible for VITEEE 2020.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination and for SC/ ST, Jammu, and Kashmir, North Indian states candidates must have scored an aggregate of 50%.
VITEEE 2020 Time Table
VITEEE 2020 Examination will be held from 13th April 2020 to 19th April 2020. Exam will be held in 3 sessions each day with a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
|Session I||9.00 AM to 11.30 AM|
|Session II||12.30 PM to 3.00 PM|
|Session III||4.00 PM to 6.30 PM|
VITEEE 2020 Admit Card
VITEEE 2020 e-Admit card will be generated once once the candidate has booked his/her schedule through the Online Test Booking System. The admit card of VITEEE 2020 will indicate the e-Admit card number, photograph of the student, address of the test center, test date and time selected by the candidate.
- The e-Admit card will be auto-generated for only those candidates who book a slot using the Online Test Booking system before the last date.
- Slots will be generated based on the information given on the application form and availability of the slot for those who have not booked the slots.
- The e-Admit card will be made available for candidates in www.vit.ac.in. Candidate should provide the application form number and Online Test Booking password to download the e-Admit card.
VITEEE 2020 Results
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) will release the results of 2020 VITEEE exam on 30th April 2020. Candidates need to make use of the application number provided to them and their date of birth to fill in the details asked on the screen to access the result document. The University will prepare Merit list based on the ranks. Cut off will be decided after which eligible candidates can participate in counselling process. Students who qualify the exam will also be sent a mail consisting of their results. Qualifying candidates of VITEEE 2020 can get admissions into VIT University campuses at Chennai, Vellore, Bhopal and Amaravati.
VITEEE 2020 Cut off
VITEEE cut off 2020 will determine the eligibility of candidates for further process such counselling and seat allotment. Cut off is the closing rank or the minimum rank required. It is to be noted that there is no official cutoff declared by VIT, but closing rank will be considered for admission purposes. Result for VITEEE 2020 will be declared at April 30 2020 after which the cut off will be decided.
Candidate’s score in VITEEE 2020 will be used to calculate their individual percentile and the percentile will be used in preparing the final VITEEE 2020 merit list. All candidates who qualify the exam and clear the cut off will be named in VITEEE 2020 Merit List. Candidates mentioned in merit list will further attend the VITEEE 2020 counselling.
Factors Influencing cut off
- Number of test takers
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Total number of registrations received
- Previous year cutoff
- Number of seats available
VITEEE 2020 Participating Colleges
VITEEE is an online entrance exam conducted by VIT for B.Tech programmes, all admissions are based on VITEEE ranking and the students can select the campus of their choice based on the availability during counselling.
List of VIT campuses
VITEEE 2020 Helpline Centres and Contact Details
VIT has released VITEEE 2020 helpline numbers for the benefit of candidates. All the queries regarding application status, payment, or any other discrepancies can be solved here. And all the issues can be addressed to the concerned person. The helpline numbers would be operating from Monday to Friday, timings - 9.00 am to 6.00 pm